The Texas Eyewear opticians and staff at The Eye Clinic of Texas shared some important information about proper eyeglass cleaning and care. Your eyeglasses are an investment so proper eyeglass cleaning and care are important. Here are some basic things to remember:
- Paper products should not be used to clean your eyeglasses, unless they have been specifically designed for this use. Most paper products contain wood fibers which may scratch the lenses and are too harsh for uncoated or specially coated lenses.
- Warm water and mild dish soap with a soft cotton cloth is a wonderful cleaning option. Products containing alcohol or ammonia should not be used as they may strip special coatings or discolor frames and lenses.
- Pre-moistened lens clothes, which you can easily carry with you are also a great option for cleaning your eyewear.
- Prevent exposure to extreme heat or cold.
- Use a hard shell case to ensure safety of your eyewear.
- Use of a strap or band to hold your eyeglasses in place will help to prevent sudden loss which might happen during boating, athletic events or in everyday activities.
Also remember when traveling to take a spare pair!
If you or someone you know would like to learn more about proper eyeglass cleaning and care please call The Eye Clinic of Texas at 800-423-3937, visit The Eye Clinic of Texas or facebook.com/ecot.lasik to schedule an appointment.
The Eye Clinic of Texas is a leading eye care practice serving the greater Houston, Galveston, League City and Texas City area that provides all aspects of general, medical, surgical, laser and optical eye care services. Our Board Certified Ophthalmologists perform Laser Eye Surgery such as LASIK, Cataract Surgery & Lens Implants using advanced technology IOLs to correct complex problems such as astigmatism and near vision focusing problems including presbyopia, diagnosis and management of glaucoma, diagnosis and management of diabetic retinopathy, diagnosis and management of Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) and Pediatric Ophthalmology. Texas EyeWear at The Eye Clinic of Texas provides personalized consultation and fitting of eyeglasses and eyeglass lenses for greater Houston, Galveston, League City and Texas City area patients.