Being aware of some important eye injury facts and myths can go a long way to helping you preserve your eye health and vision. 2018 nike air max The #1 fact you should know about eye injuries is that by wearing proper protective eyewear it is possible to prevent 90 percent of those injuries! What is troubling is that according to a survey by the American Academy of Ophthalmology, only 35 percent of people say that they always wear protective eyewear when performing home repairs or maintenance and even less wear protective eyewear while playing sports.
Eye Injury Facts & Myths
- Who is more likely to have an eye injury-men or women? Men!
- Are eye injuries more common on the job or at home? Nearly half of all eye injuries occurred in the home! In fact more than 40 percent of eye injuries were caused by projects and activities such as home repairs, yard work, nike air max pas cher cleaning and cooking. ugg soldes More than a third of injuries in the home occurred in living areas such as the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, nike air max classic bw soldes living or family room.
- More than 40 percent of eye injuries every year are related to sports or recreational activities.
- Eyes can be damaged by sun exposure, nike air max pas cher not just chemicals, Fjällräven Rucksäcke kaufen dust or objects.
- Among people who have had eye injuries, adidas stan smith more than 78 percent of people were not wearing eyewear at the time of injury!
If you or someone you know is concerned about eye injury and wants to learn more about preventing eye injuries and protective eyewear, ffxiv Items please feel free to call The Eye Clinic of Texas, nike air max 2017 soldes an affiliate of Houston Eye Associates, at 800-423-3937, asics duomax visit The Eye Clinic of Texas or facebook.com/ecot.lasik.
The Eye Clinic of Texas is an affiliate of Houston Eye Associates, the largest ophthalmology clinic in the nation. We are a leading eye care practice serving the greater Houston, Galveston, League City and Texas City with offices at 1100 Gulf Freeway, Suite 114, League City, Texas 77573, 7111 Medical Center Drive, Suite 110, Texas City, Texas 77590 and 2302 Avenue P, Galveston,