Eyeglasses, Eyeglass Lenses & Frames at The Eye Clinic of Texas serving greater Houston in Galveston, Texas City & League City.
For anyone in need of eyeglasses, eyeglass frames or eyeglass lenses in Houston or Galveston, the Texas Eyewear optical staff at The Eye Clinic of Texas is committed to providing the best quality eyewear with personal care and service-at affordable prices for our patients!
The Texas Eyewear optical staff will review your lifestyle and daily activities so that they can suggest the best type of eyeglass lenses for your needs. We offer the full range of eyeglass lenses including bifocal lenses, progressive addition lenses such as the Hoya Summit, color-changing lenses such as Transitions and Transitions Extra Active as well specialized high index and polycarbonate lens materials. Our staff will also be able to recommend the application of specialized tints and coatings, such as anti-reflection coatings including the EX3 Anti-Reflective Lens Coatings and other scratch resistant coatings, to be certain that you select the most comfortable, durable and functional eyeglasses for your daily routine and recreational activities.
About Eyeglass Frames
The Texas Eyewear optical staff optical staff works closely with eyeglass and frame designers and manufacturers from around the world to keep our frame and lens choices current. We are continually adding new frames and styles to our selection and are happy to order special sizes, colors and styles if you wish. Our frame selection includes many of the following:
David Yurman | Ray-Ban | Silhouette | Prada | Paul Smith | Versace | Coach | Tiffany
Oliver Peoples | Lindberg | Juicy Couture | Dolce & Gabbana | Maui Jim | |Juicy Couture
About Eyeglass Lenses
- Single Vision: Single vision lenses are used for correcting vision at one distance. For example they can correct vision for far as required for driving, intermediate distances as required for seeing a computer screen or for close vision as required for reading. But in general if you are in your 40?s and your eye doctor finds that you are Presbyopic, a single vision lens may not allow you to have the full range of vision that you need.
- Progressive Lenses: Progressive lenses are prescribed for Presbyopic patients who need vision correction for reading and for distance vision and who wish to be able to see far, near and everywhere in between, without any of the distracting lines found in ordinary bifocals or trifocals. At The Eye Clinic of Texas we offer the Hoya Summit to insure easy adaptation and comfort.
- Flat Top Bifocals: Flat Top bifocals are lenses that are split into two segments-one for seeing at a distance and one for seeing up close. They may be prescribed for those patients requiring the ability to see at far and at near without having to remove their eyeglasses.
- Executive Bifocals: Executive bifocals are eyeglass lenses that are also split into two segments, but actually have a line extending the entire width of the lens. This type of lens may be useful for patients who have a need for a very wide reading field of vision, however a wide field of vision may also be obtained with certain Flat Top bifocals with extra wide segments..
- Trifocals: Trifocal lenses are eyeglass lenses that have three distinct segments-one for seeing far, one for seeing intermediate and one for seeing near objects.
- Specialty and Occupational: In addition, should you have any special visual needs for work or recreation, such as sports eyewear or computer eyewear, our Opticians will be able to counsel you on many other eyeglass lens styles that are designed specifically for your activities. Please mention your activities to them so they can help you select the best possible lenses for your needs.
- Plastic Lenses: Plastic or CR-39 is the basic lens material that provides high optical quality, protects against ultraviolet light and is lightweight. Plastic lenses are somewhat prone to scratching so you will need to clean and care for them properly. Plastic lenses can be tinted to almost any color and thus can be used for sunglasses as well.
- Hi-Index Plastic: High Index Plastic is a premium lens material that is a thinner, lighter weight plastic. This lens provides excellent optical quality, ultraviolet protection, scratch resistance, and can be lightly tinted to any color.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate is a premium lens material that is the impact resistant available. This lens provides excellent optical quality, thinner style lens, ultraviolet protection, scratch resistance, and can be tinted to any color.
- Glass: Glass is the basic lens material that provides superior optics and scratch resistance. Unfortunately this lens has a number of limitations including inferior impact resistance, thickness and heavy weight.
- Photochromatic Lenses: Photochromatic Lenses or color changing lenses are lenses that adjust their color to outdoor and indoor light conditions. They darken outdoors and lighten indoors. Photochromatic Lenses are also known as Transitions? Lenses and come in gray and brown. They also come in specialized types called Extra Active that offer additional features and can provide scratch and ultraviolet protection.
- Anti-Reflective Coatings: Anti-Reflective Lens Coatings are special clear lens coatings that are applied to lenses to reduce glare and enhance visual clarity. These coatings have three main advantages:
- Anti-Reflection Coatings improve vision for both night and day by reducing bright sunlight or the glare fromoncoming headlights in nighttime traffic.
- Anti-Reflection Coatings reduce eye fatigue by eliminating ghost images making your vision more comfortable.
- Anti-Reflection Coatings enhance your appearance by reducing reflections on the lens surface.
The Texas Eyewear optical staff will be able to answer any question you have regarding anti-reflection coatings and explain the benefits in your particular situation as well as help you select the most durable anti-reflective coatings available today.
- Polarized Lenses: Polarized Lenses are a special type of sunglass lens that is the best for reducing bright sunlight glare and produce excellent outdoor contrast. These lenses have less than half the glare of regular tinted lenses and include scratch resistant coating and ultraviolet protection.
- Lens Tinting: Lens Tinting is an available option that can be done to many lens materials in an array of colors. Lens Tinting helps reduce glare from light or can be used to enhance your appearance.
- Mirror Coating: A mirror coating is a coating that is applied to sunglasses that adds extra protection from sun glare and makes the lens look like a mirror. This coating is also offered in many colors.
Sunglasses are becoming more and more popular for fashion and comfort, but now there is research supporting the use of sunglasses to protect the health of the eyes by restricting the exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light. UV light is invisible to the human eye and can be extremely damaging to your eyes if you do not take the proper precautions to protect your eyes. Our optical Texas Eye Care Collections help our patience protect their eyes.
Research has proven that spending hours in the sun without eye protection greatly increases your chance of developing age-related eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration. The Eye Clinic of Texas physicians recommend wearing UV-absorbent sunglasses and wearing hats when in the sun for long periods of time.
Most people confuse the ability of sunglasses to obstruct UV light with the style, color and darkness of the lenses. UV protection actually comes from a chemical coating manufactured on the surface of the lens. When shopping for sunglasses, you should look for lenses that absorb 100% of all UV light. Some labels will say that they have UV absorption of up to 400nm which is the same thing as 100% UV absorption.
Polarized lenses are the best type of lenses you should consider when purchasing sunglasses. Polarized lenses greatly cut reflected glare, like sunlight bouncing off water. Sunglasses with polarized lenses are very popular and extremely useful for outdoor activities such as fishing or skiing. They are also excellent for driving. Polarization is not connected to UV light absorption, but many polarized lenses are now manufactured with a UV-blocking coating.
Wraparound sunglasses are designed to eliminate light from shining around the frames and into the eyes. Research has shown that enough UV rays enter around traditional frames to greatly reduce the advantages of protective lenses. You should select a large, close-fitting wraparound frame to protect your eyes from every angle. Wraparound sunglasses should always be worn by fishermen, mountain climbers, skiers, or anyone who spends time in high altitudes or long periods of time on the water. Wraparound sunglasses are the most popular of our optical Texas Eye Care Collections.
At Texas Eyewear, we offer an excellent selection of sunglasses ranging from very basic designs, sports and special outdoor designs such as for water sports, as well as those from high fashion European designers. All are fabricated for full UV protection. A partial list of sunglasses offered at Texas Eyewear at The Eye Clinic of Texas includes:
xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx |
xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx | xxxxxx |
xxxxxx | xxxxxx
Texas Eyewear at The Eye Clinic of Texas provides selection and fitting of eyeglasses including eyeglass frames and eyeglass lenses for patients from throughout greater Houston and Galveston. Please feel free to stop by or call us at 800-843-3937 for an eyeglass fitting, frame selection and styling appointment.